Resolving Yourself

Brooke Pileggi, Co-Editor-in-Chief

With the new year coming up, some are getting ready to start the year off on a clean slate. One way to set your year up for success would be to create resolutions to accomplish throughout the year. Setting up a goal that you want to accomplish is generally in desire of bettering yourself and hopefully having your year surpass the previous.

Some set smaller goals that can be achieved easier than others.

“I want to wake up on time for school. It didn’t work any of the days last year,” said junior, Jillian Bonczewski.

Others set smaller goals that can be achieved in a certain amount of time. These people think it is better to set such goals so that they are more realistic.

“I want to prepare myself as best as I can for college. This year, I want to end my senior year with good grades and I want to challenge myself to learn as much as I can before I begin my first semester. Then when I reach that goal, I want to continue to prepare myself over the summer. I will get hands-on experience for what I want to do by volunteering. Once it’s later on in the year and I begin college, I want to take advantage of all of the opportunities that are going to be given to me. Once again, learn as much as I can,” said senior, Chloe Pisack.

Sometimes, however, fulfilling your New Year’s resolution, is challenging. Some get discouraged knowing that what they want to do different this year is going to be a difficult habit to change.

“You get in a loop of doing things over and over again. It’s hard to break that habit. Change is not easy in general, but if you really want it, then you just have to keep your head on straight and keep your eye on your goal,” said junior, Anthony Severns.

A goal is defined as the object of a person’s ambition or effort. Coming into 2020, new ambitions arise and people are inspired to begin a new goal.

“A fresh start with the new year is what gives me hope to accomplish my resolution. I think it is really encouraging for others too. The idea of a new year gives people the chance to do better than they have ever done and become a better version of themselves,” said junior, Tavian McKenna.