The Bloomsburg Fair 2021

Keira Adamski, Staff Writer

The Bloomsburg Fair made its triumphant return this year after its upsetting cancellation in 2020 due to the pandemic. That is what made this year very exciting and it brought in a total of 369,791 attendees with the highest attendance taking place on Saturday, October 2, 2021.

The fair began on Friday, September 24, 2021, and ran from 2 PM to 9 PM with the ticket price at three dollars. For the duration of the fair, Saturday, September 25, 2021, to Saturday, October 2, 2021, the fair was open from 7 AM to 9 PM and the tickets were eight dollars.

Two designated days admitted high school students ages 13-18 into the fair free of cost, which were Tuesday, September 28, 2021, and Friday, October 1, 2021. One senior named Maura Dunn shared her experience at the fair by stating, “My favorite thing had to be all of the bingo stands because it is a lot easier to win than most games half of the time.” She also mentioned how many of the people there were socializing, playing all the offered games, and eating all of the food at the vendors.

Wyoming Valley West’s band also made an appearance in Bloomsburg to perform for all of the fairgoers. It took place on Monday, September 27, 2021, at 9 AM, so the band members had to leave school early in the morning and take the buses about an hour away.

The location of the band’s performance was near the main entrance of the fair on a stage, which is a lot different than what the members are used to. Typically the band plays at the football game and has a routine as opposed to just sitting on the stage. “I think it was the best I’ve played most of the songs, considering I wasn’t marching on a field while playing them,” Maura recalls.

The crowd also had a big influence on the band since they were playing for the general public and not just their parents, faculty, and fellow students. The atmosphere was different and there were many people around, so nerves must have been very present in the musicians while they were playing their rehearsed numbers.

When describing the feeling Maura stated, “At first there wasn’t a lot of people, mostly parents who have already heard the show before, but after a while, a lot of people came over and it made a lot of us nervous.” Despite these new conditions, the band still managed to give a fantastic show for everyone.