Hard-working teachers/Teacher appreciation

Isabella Ermert

Wyoming Valley West High School has hard-working teachers that take their time helping students achieve their goals and help become better at understanding different topics throughout the years. During Covid 19, the teachers had a difficult time teaching the students online and came together to help each other through the tough times. 

These teachers took time out of their day to make packets for students and have one-on-one virtual meetings for the students that had tough times learning the materials on their own. They always made sure that each student got their work done in time, and tried to make it easier for the students to learn on harder topics. 

Teacher Appreciation week is on Monday, May 1-Friday, May 5. That week is for the hard-working teachers and to appreciate them for what they do for their students. Wyoming Valley West is lucky to have these amazing teachers in our school community. 

I want to point out one teacher from our school district, Mrs. Hall. She is an orchestra teacher at Wyoming Valley West Middle School. She is one teacher that is always there for her students or any student in general. She will talk to you about anything, whether it’s in school or outside of school issues. She will always listen and give you the best advice she could give you. 

Every teacher should be appreciated every day, it shouldn’t matter if there is a certain day. Each teacher in different grade levels works hard everyday to make sure each and every student feels confident in what they learn. 

Being a teacher isn’t easy at all. Some people may think it looks easy, but the truth is it’s not. Each day, teachers have to go through the same routine, whether it’s rapidly changing technology, the students behavior, low pay and work-life balance.

Most teachers have second jobs outside of school and it sometimes becomes stressful for them, coming home late and waking up early. It’s our responsibility to respect them as they respect us. They have lasting contributions they make to our everyday lives. We should make them feel appreciated for what they do instead of ignoring it.  

I think that the teachers should be paid more for what they do and how hard they work. 

They impact every student’s life by forging a strong bond between them and the student. Teacher’s provide the education, giving them the possibility for a better future. 

Each teacher is hard-working in their own way. They are always committed and passionate about their job and care about their students’ futures and their goals in life. They have strong communication skills and build connections with their students. Every teacher is different in their own way, but they will always be appreciated because of their hard work and dedication that they give to their students.