West Side Story

The Student News Site of Wyoming Valley West High School

West Side Story

West Side Story

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Projecting Success: Donovin Golden

On the fourth floor of the Wyoming Valley West HS building, sits Mrs. Anderson’s “Intro to Marketing” class. In room 422, during period four, students can engage in different marketing projects and learn the strategies of how to create, market, and sell products. One senior, Donovin Golden, shared his prospective ideas for a company he one day hopes to bring to life.

For their first project, students were instructed to create any kind of product they brainstormed and present it to the class. Products like ounce-counting water bottles, reverse microwaves, and even furniture companies were created. The students used all of the marketing strategies to bring their inventions to life such as Pricing, Product Strategy, Target Markets, and plenty more.

Donovin’s brand is called “Team Inspire.” He created it to help boost morale throughout the school and bring a positive outlook to everyday life.

“The main goal is just spreading some positivity to others and to hopefully leave an impact on others to try new things in life that they might not feel comfortable with. We should inspire each other to do the things we want to do without the fear of people judging us. I hope to help others stand back up when they get knocked down.”

One way Donovin hopes to spread this positivity is through t-shirts that students can wear. The shirts would have his custom logo on the back and his motto on the front reading, “We exist to inspire.” For the colors of the logo, he plans to start off with red and black but says he may later expand to different color variations. Donovin hopes to produce and distribute his shirts to Mrs. Anderson’s marketing class by March of 2024.

“During the first quarter, students studied the core standards of marketing and put those concepts to work by creating a marketing plan for a product they invented or adapted an existing product. The class brainstormed and developed some innovative ideas which could possibly be successful if brought to market. Donovin’s brand concept, ‘Team Inspire’ hit all the requirements for the project and he won over his target audience during his presentation,” said Mrs. Anderson.

“I have a lot of support from others going into this but for the meantime it’ll be just me,” said Golden. Starting up a business alone certainly is not easy, but Donovin has big plans and dreams for his organization.