Interim Literary Arts Magazine

The Interim Literary Arts Magazine is a yearly publication featuring art and literature made by the students of Wyoming Valley West. The magazine is put together by it´s club, the Interim Literary Arts Club, led by Karin Ulitchney, one of the school’s English teachers. The magazine has at least one work of art and at least one work of literature per page.

Most of the artwork is provided by the teachers or students, anyone can submit to interim to have their art looked over.

¨The art and literature submissions come from the high school student body, we also request work from the Art and English teachers to be submitted,¨ said Ulitchney. ¨Any student is welcome to submit artwork, photography, or writing to our email which is [email protected]

There is a lot of art and writing done by the students of WVW. As such, not all submissions can be added to the magazine. The club members make unbiased decisions for what will make the final cut.

¨Our club members go through the pieces one by one, discuss them and make an ultimate judgment of yes or no,¨ Ulitchney continues, ¨All names are removed from work so when judging or discussing nobody knows who had created any given piece.¨

While the included pieces are chosen by the club, they also have to create the rest of the magazine, including each page’s arrangements, the covers, and more.

¨We design everything from the palette to the fonts and backgrounds for each page. Individual students are given a piece of writing and 1 or more pieces of art, then given creative liberty for the page based on the current year’s theme,¨ said Ulitchney.

After the magazine’s creation, copies of it are made and are to be sold at the annual Spartan Arts Festival. While some funds for the magazine are given by the school, the students and staff participate in different fundraising events to be able to completely finish the magazine.

Though the creation of the magazine is funded, the art must first be provided. Most artforms are accepted, pencil and paper, digital art, paintings, poems, stories and more. 

The magazine summarizes many of the talented students of Wyoming Valley West´s artwork from the current school year. The Interim arts magazine is one of the best ways to get your art shown to the community.