West Side Story

The Student News Site of Wyoming Valley West High School

West Side Story

West Side Story

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

PBIS/Pre-Spartival: Ms. Finnegan and Mr. Hettes

Spartival is back! Spartival first started as an event created by PBIS to promote student and teacher engagement. PBIS stands for “Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports.” This program was enacted by the Wyoming Valley West School District to promote positive behavior. It took many months of planning and fundraising to make Spartival happen. Many of the games at Spartival were made by the teachers. Prizes were ordered by PBIS and students were excited to attend. Spartival was such a success that PBIS decided to make it an annual event. 

This year PBIS will hold Spartival September 30th from 4:30 to 8 pm at the high school. PBIS will also host a variety of events this year including trivia, dodgeball, and Spartan games.

“The goal of PBIS is to promote positive behavior through interventions and support. Mr. Hettes is devoted to finding new ways for students and teachers to have positive engagement. I am devoted to keeping Mr. Hettes in budget. I think between the two of us and all the help we receive from teachers and administrators we will provide great activities for our students this year.” said Ms. Finnegan, a history teacher and PBIS’ co-director.

This year Spartival is thirty minutes longer! Students had a great time last year and it seemed that three hours just wasn’t long enough to engage in all of the great activities. This year Spartival will include a dunk tank as well as a few other new games. All of the games were a hit last year and will be back for year two. “We are also excited to announce that due to our sponsors all tickets for food and games will still be fifty cents each.” Ms. Finnegan stated. 

If students want to learn more about PBIS, they are encouraged to follow @the_spartan_rumble Instagram page. This page is where students can find information about upcoming school events at the WVW High School.