Bloomsburg Fair: 167th year

Bloomsburg Fair: 167th year

Tallah Laban

From Sept. 23 to Oct. 1, 2022, the traditional “Bloomsburg Fair” was held. The fair is being held in Bloomsburg, Pa. with people from all over northeast Pennsylvania attending. 

There were around 1,500 vendors and 900 of them had food. A Wyoming Valley West High School student was interviewed about the foods she ate.  ¨I had homemade ice-cream and sweet corn,” she said. “It was so much fun and I enjoyed it but I went during the day and I think it would’ve been better at night,” she continued. 

I also went to it earlier this week with friends and had tons of fun. My friends and I had a mission to try the most foods that we could and we did. I had a bunch of food but my favorite was the sweet corn they had. I had two of them from two different stands and they were delicious.

On Saturday, Sept. 24, Nelly, a famous American singer, was playing at the Grandstand arena at the fair. He played songs like, “Party People,” “Where the Party At” and much more. 

The fair’s parking ranged from $5 to $8 depending on where you parked and $8 for entry, but on Tuesday, Sept. 27 and Friday, Sept. 30, students were allowed entry for free. Many students from different schools missed school just to go. 

More attractions like livestock shows were there. Animals like dairy cattle, sheep, dairy goats, horses, market goats, swine and breeding beef. There was a reptile part where you could pay $5 to hold a snake and take a picture with it. 

With so much food and animals to entertain yourself with you also have rides to go on. There was something called the “Skyline” there. It’s where you’re fasted to a seat and lifted up in the sky that moves above the fair. 

They had tons of games to play where you could win prizes. You have games like ring toss where you can get huge prizes and you have games where you go against people and there’s always a winner. 

Unfortunately, the Bloomsburg fair ended last Saturday but don’t be too saddened, the fair never leaves. They continue this fair every year and they have been doing it for 167 years. If you have not gone this year, don’t forget to go next year for a nice time!